THE STEPS OF INSTALLING DENTAL BRACES
The doctor examines the patient in detail at the stage of diagnosis. To create a plan of treatment, the following tests are required:
● Panoramic x-ray of the lateral and frontal projection
● Diagnostic plaster replicas of jaws (based on prints of the teeth.)
● Photoprotocol (photo images of the patient: frontal, side, under 45 ° angle, intraoral photographs, and if necessary – at fuul height, for assesment of the posture.)
● Diagnosis of the maxillotemporal joint
PREPARATION FOR INSTALLATION OF BRACES
● Professional hygiene of oral cavity
● Sanation of the oral cavity (treatment of tooth decay and its complications)
● Consultation of a periodontist
● Plastic surgery of lip bridle or tongue (on indications).
● Wisdom teeth extraction (upon indications)
TYPES OF BRACES AND THEIR INSTALLATION
Braces can be metal or aesthetic (plastic, crystal, ceramic) aesthetic (plastic, sapphire or ceramic). Minor deformation of the dentition can be corrected with a series of splints. Installation of brackets is carried out in a prosthodontist's chair. Braces are attached by direct or indirect methods to the outer surface of the tooth, to a special material.
ORTHODONTICS FOR CHILDREN
Until recently, orthodontists had to wait untill a child reaches the age of 10-12 years old to align their bite with braces. However, thanks to a British technology (orthotropy), it is possible begin the process of teeth alignment without braces or tooth extraction from the age of 5. Special appliance, Bioblock, controls the direction and intensity of growth of jaws and make room for permanent teeth. The result of such treatment is straight teeth, harmonious facial features, natural configuration of lips, cheeks and chin; wide and beautiful smile.
ORTHODONTICS FOR ADULTS
It deals with correction of malocclusion caused by loss of teeth, periodontal problems, functional disorders of the masticatory organ or orthodontic appliances in the mouth. Orthodontic treatment in adults is most often a part of an integrated programme for the rehabilitation of the oral cavity.